Saturday, November 17, 2007

NaBloPoMo Day Seventeen - Awards!

You may have noticed new items in my sidebar, and I have been remiss in thanking those who have bestowed blogging awards upon me...so here is where I make amends! I'm always surprised when I receive one of these. In fact, I'm actually surprised anyone ever reads this silly blog. Unlike Willowtree, I do not alter my awards, nor am I an award whore.

First up is the "Community Blogger" award, given to me by Desert Songbird:

This award celebrates "those who reach out and make the blogging world a better place." I think I received it b/c MONTHS after she won a prize on my blog, I finally got around to sending it in the mail. She shouldn't feel slighted, though. It's a Tiggerlane Tradition. Just ask any of my friends or coworkers. They are constantly appalled that I wait until March or so to send my parents their Christmas gifts. Hey - isn't it more of a surprise that way? At any rate, I'm not sure I deserve this one.

Next up, is "The Colors of Friendship" award, I got from Kila, who is known as the "Mom to 3 Cubs."If there is an award for raising three fiesty boys, AND blogging on a regular basis? Kila should win it hands-down. I am constantly amazed that she has any time in her life at all to get on the computer, much less come up with a SLEW of fabulous gifts for mine and Julie's recent blogosphere house-warming party!

And I like the design of this award. It helps me reflect on my possible origins.

Last but not least, comes the "Be The Blog" award from Bond's Comfy Big Leather Couch:

The creator said that this award sums up what a successful blogger does with his/her blog - that they make it their own, stay with it, are interactive with their readers, and just plain have fun. I have decided in the past few months to respond to EACH AND EVERY COMMENTER, especially since I figured out how to have your comments sent to my email addy. I think it is my responsibility in this blogging medium, and I sincerely have enjoyed the increased interaction.

And just so you know, this blog wouldn't be as cool without Bond, b/c he designed that fancy new masthead you see above.

So THANK YOU to all my readers, my commenters, my lurkers, and my award-givers. I'm really not worthy, but I appreciate your kindness. You make me want to continue this "blogging more often" phase, even after the clowns of NaBloPoMo are satiated gone.

10 comments:

Molly said...

Congratulations on your awards, the Colors of Friendship Award is especially lovely and meaningful. I came late to the housewarming, but your gift is ready.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new old awards!!

bichonpawz said...

Congratulations on your awards...they are all well-deserved! I was thinking of this blogging more often thing too....maybe we are just getting used to it!! It's now part of our daily routine! :)

Desert Songbird said...

No, the impetus wasn't really that you sent me something - I just always find your place a comfortable place to visit. Your gesture, however, was indicative of how much you are a part of my blogging community.

Congrats on all of your well deserved blog bling.

Schmoop said...

Congrats Tigger and enjoy your Saturday. Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You deserve all these good blogger awards - you make blogging fun!

M@ said...

What a proliferation. I think I'm going to give you my latest blogger award, too.

I'm just glad there are no acceptance speeches.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Well Deserved. Love visiting this place.
I have F.I.N.A.L.L.Y. gotten yours and Julie's gifts posted.
Better late than never, I guess.

Junebug said...

Your awards are pretty and well-deserved. I would have given you that Friendship one if Kila hadn't already named you. :D

Tiggerlane said...

mjd - thank you, and the quilt was the most amazing one I have ever seen - and I live in Quilt Country!

sirdar - many thanks!

bermudabluez - it sure feels like it - in fact, I felt like a naughty child for posting so late on Sunday.

desert songbird - thank you, and don't worry - I know it was a heartfelt gesture! Just like to kid, you know. :-)

matt-man - somehow, the singers I listened to Saturday didn't have your...flair!

melissa - blogging wouldn't be HALF as much fun without you!

m@ - why do I get the feeling I should be frightenend?

swampy - De-skunking takes total priority over EVERYTHING - you were a doll to come up with the whole shindig!

junebug - thanks so much! People like you are what keeps this blog up and running.